Raptors are the true environmentally friendly solution.

Wildlife, children, and pets are at serious risk of getting sick and dying from ingesting rodents that have eaten poison or from ingesting the poison bait itself. Once the mice and rats have ingested the poison, it slows them down and makes them easier for predators to catch, which in turn causes secondary poisoning from the rodenticides. A common misconception is that bait boxes keeps the poison to the intended targets. This is untrue since mice and rats tend to come and go from these feeding stations. This in turn makes the natural prey source poisonous to owls and hawks.

One solution to managing rodent issues is to not give them a reason to come the area in the first place. This would include removing food sources, such as cat and dog food left outside, removing clutter that would give them a place to hide, and by closing off access points into structures to make them less accommodating to small mammals. Alternative traps are available as well, such as live traps, bucket traps, covered mechanical traps, fox or coyote urine, or low frequency noise emitters. Sticky traps can also harm non-target wildlife and pets and are not a suggested option.

Predatory wildlife will control rodent problems naturally with no harmful side effects. There is no safe poison!

Rat Poison Information Flyer

Please feel free to print and hand out our information flyers to help raise awareness.

© 2016 OWL Rehab - Rescue. Rehabilitate. Release.

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?