OWL is committed to educating the public on the conservation and importance of raptors
All proceeds from the education programs goes towards helping OWL continue to educate the public on the importance of raptors and what they can do to help and to help OWL provide the best possible care for the injured or orphaned raptors that come into the centre.
Covid-19 Protocols for In Class Presentations
For the health, safety, and comfort of our Educator as well as the staff and volunteers at the centre, we will be following the Covid-19 protocols laid out by each School District or the individual schools. We have also set out some of our own additional guidelines. As our Educator will be visiting many different schools and classrooms throughout the school year, we are trying to minimize contact and keep everyone safe.
Below are our requirements:
- A minimum 6 foot distance from our Educator by the students, teachers, and anyone else in the school, especially during the presentations.
- All students must be seated before our Educator enters the presentation area.
- A larger presentation area is recommended if available.
- Our Educator is double vaccinated for Covid-19 and will be wearing a mask at all times.
- Before any program, our Educator performs a self-check to ensure they are not displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 and if symptoms are present, we will notify the school/organization and rebook for a later date.
We reserve the right to not deliver the program if COVID-19 safety protocols are not being followed.
In Class Education Programs
OWL offers in person presentations for schools (Preschool to University) and other venues, such as libraries, long-term care facilities, day cares, and work gatherings, all over the Lower Mainland, Fraser Valley, and beyond.
In Class Education Programs – Owls for Tots
The Owls for Tots program is targeted to the 3-5 year age group. This program will cover bird basics, owl species in southern BC. The educator will bring one owl ambassador.
Virtual Education Programs
OWL’s Education Programs are now offered on an online platform. No matter where you are located, you can now have OWL virtually visit you! It is the same great program that we offer for in person presentations and is great for Schools and many other groups.
Special Events & Displays
OWL also attends many events and celebrations around the Lower Mainland throughout the year and are always extremely popular with adults, youth, and children.
OWL sets up a display at these events on weekends and holidays for approximately four hours. Items on display typically include:
- OWL information sheets
- Colouring sheets for children
- Information on what they can do to help raptors and other wildlife
- Tangible feathers and/or talons—if appropriate for audience of event
- Live raptors
If you are interested in having OWL attend your event with a display, there is a required honorarium starting at $150.00. Please contact us for more information.